Lessons from the River: Paddling Together to Plan and Problem Solve
Guiding Organizational Change
- Engage with team members more effectively in a classroom setting and rafting rapids.
- Utilize techniques for self-assessment and reflection that improve education, leadership skills and team-building capabilities.
- Understand what it means to authentically engage with others by incorporating effective listening strategies, practicing different dialogue approaches and learning facilitation skills.
- Identify measurable and solid program outcomes and goals.
- Create or identify appropriate assessment methods and tools.
- Leave with new tools and a plan of action that will help you solve complex challenges.
- We also offer shortened versions of our four-day sessions.
- To leave with the most effective plan attend the four-day session.
By stepping outside the usual comfort zone of your busy lives, you and your team will recognize the significance of inter-dependency, reconnect with your own deeper purpose and build a stronger team. You will learn new skills to help identify patterns causing persistent, nagging issues embedded in your organizational systems. With time to plan, your team will apply these new tools for breaking through unhealthy patterns to reach intended outcomes with a solid plan for immediate implementation.
Session 1: June 25-29, 2017 (four day)
Session 2: July 9-13, 2017 (four day)
Session 3: July 16-20, 2017 (four day)
Session 4: July 23-25 (two and a half days; by invitation only)
Cost Per Person
$2024 Individual Room at Imperial River Company
$1724 Paired Room at Imperial River Company
$1364 Camp On-Site
Early Registration Discount (15%) available if you have 7 or more participants coming on your team and minimum number of participants is met.
Notes about this session
- The minimum number of participants for each session is 10.
- The maximum number of participants for each session is 18.
- Cost of sessions includes all program expenses, lodging and meals.
- Discounts for early registration are available.
- Lodging for the the above two institutes is based on river view rooms at the Imperial River Inn with double occupancy.
- Single rooms will be an additional charge. Non river view rooms are available for a reduced cost.
- If the most or all of those signed up decide to camp and participate in meal preparation at the campground’s community center, the cost will be reduced.